Sunday, June 24, 2012

Do you eat this way?

Many of my clients ask, "Do you eat like this?" after they see the meal plan I put together for them.  The answer is, yes.  I eat lots of veggies, lots of protein, less dairy, and have cut out most gluten containing foods.  This did not happen overnight, its been in progress for many years.  These changes occurred as I learned more about real nutrition.  The biggest and fastest changes came when I started working at NW&W this spring.  Have a look for yourself.


What I ate in High School:
Breakfast: Big bowl of Cereal+ Skim Milk, or Carnation Instant Breakfast + Granola Bar

Snack: Nutrigrain bar or an apple

Lunch: PB&J sandwich + Fat-free Yogurt + Carrot Sticks, Occasionally School Lunch.  I would usually buy a school made granola bar or Twix because I was still hungry.

Snack: maybe leftover school granola bar before track practice or nothing.

Supper:  Spaghetti + Broccoli, Grilled Chicken + Broccoli + Potato, or Hamburger Helper+Broccoli, (mom made me eat lots of broccoli)

Snack:  Low-fat Ice Cream or bowl of cereal 


What I ate Last Year:
Breakfast: Big bowl of high fiber cereal + Soy Milk, Or two eggs + toast

Snack: Fat Free greek yogurt + fruit + Nuts

Lunch: Salad + PB&J sandwich, or something from the hospital cafeteria

Snack: Apple or Granola Bar

Supper: Spaghetti, Tacos, Stir-Fry, Black Bean Burgers, Pizza

Snack: More Yogurt+Fruit, or Low-fat Ice Cream



What I'm Eating Now:
Breakfast: 2 eggs + 1 cup veggies cooked in butter + 1/2 sweet potato or a slice of Udi's bread with PB.
              
Snack: Fruit Smoothie 

Lunch: 5 cup salad + sardines,  or Leftovers.

Snack: Small Fruit + Deli Meat + Almonds

Supper: Salads, Stir-fry, Curry, Meatloaf, Chili, Tacos

Snack: 1/2 Banana + PB or Berries + Cream

1 comment:

  1. Hope you liked brocolli. We also mixed it up with carrots! I've ventured out and added red peppers into the mix.

    ReplyDelete