Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Protein Shamrock Shake

Last week I had the opportunity to do a short segment on Kare11 news describing the importance of PROTEIN!!! Hope you enjoy it, I sure had fun filming it.

Crustless Quiche, Salmon Cakes, and Smoothies oh my!

Diana, Me, and Pat
The smoothie we made on the show is sure delicious.  But now that it's March I know many people are looking forward to Shamrock Shakes from McDonalds.  Unfortunately, even a small 12oz shake contains over 21 tsp of sugar!  Along with neuro-degenerative additives such as blue and yellow food dyes.  Instead try my Shamrock Protein Shake for an afternoon pick-me-up.

1 cup water
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 Avocado
1/2 Banana
1/2 tsp Peppermint extract.

Blend and enjoy!
Serves 1.

20g protein, 15g carbohydrate, 10-15g Fat

2 comments: