Monday, July 7, 2014

Decadent Dessert

Want something delicious, decadent, and crave worthy?  How about berries and cream?  We talk about berries and cream at NWW all the time, but even I forget how delicious this dessert can be.  But right now is the perfect time to incorporate these lower carb fruits into your diet.  
To make whipped cream I've found that pouring the cream into a mason jar and then using only 1 beater attachment on my hand-held egg beater works perfectly.  I get almost no splatters outside the jar, and to store any leftover cream, I just twist on the lid.  Sure I could stand there and shake the jar by hand, but that just leads to leaks and a mess.

Layer fresh sliced berries with homemade whipped cream and top with chopped nuts and a few small pieces of dark chocolate.  Now that's the perfect ending to a hot summer day.

1 comment: