|gluten and dairy free! paleo friendly, totally delicious|
8 oz Bacon, cooked till crisp, and set aside
1 small onion, diced
4 oz mushrooms, finely diced
1/4 cup butter, lard, or reserved bacon grease
½ cup cream or coconut milk
1/4 tsp garlic powder
Ground nutmeg to taste
salt amd pepper to taste
3 egg yolks
1# fresh green beans blanched, or 3 cans French style green beans, drained
¼ cup almond meal or almond flour
1. Melt butter in a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms and onions until starting to brown.
2. Whisk the cream into the mushrooms and onions
3. Whisk in the egg yolks, salt, pepper, garlic, and nutmeg.
4. Continue stirring until the mixture begins to thicken.
5. Pour green beans into a greased 9X9 inch baking dish
6. Pour the cream mixture over the green beans, and mix to incorporate
7. Top with crumbled bacon and almond meal.
8. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through.